As the first major music Festival of the year, the award winning Isle of Wight Festival is steeped in history and famed for mixing iconic legendary artists with the hottest up and coming acts. Year on year, 55,000 stylish, free spirited Festival-goers come together in a beautiful location, for one of the most distinctive events of the season. With the best atmosphere around and a friendly vibe, as soon as you set sail across the Solent it feels like the holiday has already begun.
Looking ahead to the summer, the Isle of Wight Festival 2013 is shaping up to be one of the biggest events on the calendar. The hottest acts the world has to offer will light up the weekend, with headline performances from The Stone Roses (UK Festival exclusive), The Killers and Bon Jovi. The much loved Festival will also feature a special guest set from The Modfather himself, Paul Weller and after a 26 year hiatus The Boomtown Rats are reforming for a show on the Main Stage. Plus, witness the likes of Emeli Sandé, Jake Bugg, The Script, Bastille, Everything Everything, Bloc Party, Paloma Faith, The Maccabees, Ellie Goulding, Delilah and many more take to the stages. Head to www.isleofwightfestival.com for tickets and all the details!
Over one spectacular weekend, there’s something for everyone as artists such as Rizzle Kicks, Blondie, Happy Mondays, The Farm, Devlin, FUN, Palma Violets and Republica will be turning up the heat at the Isle of Wight Festival 2013. Alongside the Main Stage, don’t miss a host of top performances under the roof of the Big Top, plus new for 2013, the Isle of Wight Festival unleashes something very special; the explosive Dance Line Up. Some of the most cutting edge names from the world of music, including; Example & DJ Wire, Damian Lazarus, Zane Lowe, Jaguar Skillz, Madeon, Sub Focus Live and Grandmaster Flash and many more, will be performing across the epic Dance Tent and the iconic Big Top stages.
From the moment the gates open, each area of the Festival comes alive, whether it’s partying on the real beach or getting stuck into the fun & games in the Cabaret Club. Set against a stunning backdrop and featuring a bevy of bars, stalls and interactive areas, there’s something different around every corner.
With the first event held in 1968 during the summer of love, the Isle Of Wight Festival is famed for its heritage and once again, as the first major music event of the summer, it gives festivalgoers a line up to love. Although the 60s are over, since it’s reincarnation in 2002 the Festival remains true to the spirit of those times – bringing together peace, love and a stage for legendary artists of the past, present and future.
HERE’S WHAT’S IN STORE
• For the day trippers – this year alongside weekend tickets the Festival is offering day tickets for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so festivalgoers can experience a wealth of the best music around whether they spend a day or the whole weekend
• Headline performances from three of the biggest acts of today – The Stone Roses, The Killers & Bon Jovi
• A UK Festival exclusive performance from The Stone Roses
• A very special guest performance from Paul Weller (UK Festival exclusive)
• Brand New for 2013 – The Dance Line Up
• 4 days worth of amazing DJ’s, plus Silent Disco King playing across the Dance Tent & Big Top
• Life’s A Beach – A real beach on site, a perfect place for those who like to be beside the seaside but don’t want to miss out on the music. Featuring live music, DJ’s, morning exercise classes, plus much more
• Bathing Under The Sky features hot tubs and dry saunas right next to the riverbank, while in the Bohemia, escape to the beautiful surroundings and discover a magical, enchanted place with performances and captivating art. Sprawl on rugs, swing in the hammocks and lose yourself in this beautiful setting
• Wish Upon A Star – A magical corner of the Festival; be enchanted in this interactive area, which includes festival fairies, lanterns, bunting, pea lights, hammocks. Don’t forget to make a wish and hang it in the trees
• Bohemia – Enjoy a wander and escape to this beautiful wonderland by the river and discover a magical, eccentric place, enchanted with mystifying performances and captivating art. Sprawl on the ground rugs, swing in the hammocks and lose yourself in the setting of our new Bohemia area. The stage is set to host an eclectic mix of music from around the world played by some of the most talented musicians. Big horn sections, sweet vocals and some incredible DJ talent
• Intoxicated Tea Rooms – Enjoy fabulous cocktails served in vintage crockery, or a simple cup of tea or coffee with cakes and fresh lemonade, accompanied by DJ’s playing retro beats and swing music in this vintage style tea rooms. With everything from the fabulous 50’s or swinging 60’s, including ‘jive bunnies’ and rock ‘n’ rollers entertaining the crowds
• The Cabaret Club – The all-new Cabaret Club is the place to be, and be seen. Enjoy a taste of the unusual, risqué fun, frivolity, music & dance and exquisite cocktails with a touch of theatre. Showcasing Comedy, Dance, The Cream Tease Burlesque Cabaret Show, Tim Burgess and now renowned Tim Peaks Diner experience, plus spoken word, quizzes, one of the best Drag Acts out of London; The Globe Girls, and much, much more. Then, as the dark approaches, finish the party in style with the best alternative music on site
• Kashmir Café – Housed in a beautiful Indian tent with authentic furniture, the Kashmir Café offers a sanctuary from the Festival madness, serving up delicious food, real ale and original music
• The Bandstand, run by Platform One – giving local talent from the Isle of Wight the chance to perform at the Festival on their very own stage
• Luxury glamping in the boutique camping field – check out the Tangerine Fields, Pod Pads and Eve’s Tipi’s
• Luxury toilets When Nature Calls – returning to Penny Lane
The Isle of Wight Festival takes place 13th – 16th June @
Seaclose Park, Newport, Isle of Wight
Keep up to date with all the Festival action at www.isleofwightfestival.com